ALVSCE Planning & Data Solutions Team
Want Assistance or to Contact DST?
Check-out our Data Solutions Tips & Tricks provided on systems and processes
What Does DST Do?
The ALVSCE Planning & Data Solutions Team (also known as DST) is part of ALVSCE Division Business Services and provides strategic business intelligence/analytics and information technology solutions with client and mission focus, addressing needs specific to accomplishing ALVSCE's ongoing mission and the ALVSCE Strategic Plan for increased efficiency, effectiveness, and the betterment of our community.
Goals: Insights, Solutions, & Partnerships
Insight - DST provides meaningful insights to inform and empower decision-making.
- Practical evaluations and recommendations to teams and leadership regarding the organization and missions
- Leveraging of national, institutional, and local data infrastructures combined with findings from partnerships for contextualization
- Training and education for employees to empower them with data solutions
Solutions - A variety of tools are leveraged to operationalize data, including reporting, meaningful data visualization, actionable statistics, data-empowered communication, integrated data sources, and process evaluation/improvement.
- Dashboards, predictive analyses, and models with forecasts across mission areas
- Enhancements and solutions for business processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness, including BPR, value stream mapping, decision modeling, and more
Partnerships - This is accomplished through partnerships, using co-discovery with quantitative and analytical tools, simplifying technology, knowledge of policies and processes, and mutually-established interpretations of data with subject matter experts and stakeholders.
- Proactive collaboration with stakeholders and clients across units and levels to accomplish the mission and objectives of the division in alignment with our strategic plan
Projects & Resources
DST has overarching projects/initiatives for each mission area in ALVSCE.
- Structure and Data for Financial Transparency
- Financial Balances for General Audiences - Current Balances
- Redesign of Report Navigation in Compass
- Continuous Development of Financial Transparency Landing Page
- Quarterly All Available Funds Process Revamp Improvements
- Federal Excess Properties Process Revamp
- Data Catalog (Internal Improvements)
- Employee Turnover Reporting
- Faculty Workload Tool Revamp
- ALVSCE-Centric Admissions Snapshot Monitoring for CALS-Specific Marketing & Recruitment Strategy
- Career and Industry Projections
- Student Success Intervention Tools
- ALVSCE-Metric-Based Research Unit Reviews Dashboard/Process Revamp
- NIFA/Animal Health Reporting Documentation & Transition
- Extension Personnel and Program Landscape
DST also has current client requests and day-to-day data/reporting service/support.
Reports by Role
Who is DST?
The knowledge base of the Planning & Data Solutions Team spans areas including business, engineering, information systems, computer science, cognitive science, linguistics, economics, humanities, art history, and library science.
We support the missions and services of ALVSCE in areas such as: data science, data visualization, financial/business management, personnel management, research administration, student recruitment, student admissions, instruction, federal funding, and our Land Grant mission.
Director, Intelligence & Data Analytics
Senior Data Solutions Analyst
Data Solutions Analyst
Data Solutions Analyst