ALVSCE Research Faculty of the Year Award
The Research Faculty of the Year Award honors outstanding achievement in research by a faculty member in the Division of Agriculture, Life and Veterinary Sciences and Cooperative Extension (ALVSCE). The award will be given annually along with a plaque and $1,000, presented at an ALVSCE event.
Who can be Nominated?
Any ALVSCE faculty member with a research appointment is eligible for this award. Recent recipients are ineligible for a period of five years.
Who can Nominate?
Nominations for Research Faculty of the Year Award can be made by any ALVSCE administrative head, faculty, or staff member.
Nominating packets must include the following in a single pdf file:
- Nominee's curriculum vitae
- A nomination letter from the initiator plus a maximum of three supporting letters. Letters should highlight the individual's exceptional research contributions in the following categories as applicable:
- Overall impact of research activities
- Grants/Contracts and publications
- Collaborative research
- Undergraduate and/or graduate advising related to research
- Regional/national/international activities and recognition
- Peer recognition
Nominees should show evidence of sustained outstanding achievement in research with high impact in their field in some or all of the areas listed above.
A committee comprised of a minimum of four CALS faculty members plus the Associate Vice President for Research will review all nominations and select the winner.
Nomination Submission and Deadline
Send nominations in a single pdf file to Parker Antin at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on February 19, 2021.