Current Fiscal Year Ending Fund Balances
This dashboard provides financial balances for the current year, up to the selected Fiscal Month/Period, consistent with the ALVSCE Quarterly Available Funds process.
Monthly Updates to Data
The previous month's financial information is added on the first Saturday after the 7th of every month.
- Additional detail is available by hovering over the data points.
- For more information on types of accounts included in the report, see Account Types - Fund Descriptions
Default Fund Group Filters
- The Fund Filter defaults to State, Designated, Designated IDC and Designated Service Center accounts.
- The dark teal circle is the current ending balance (beginning fund balance + new income - expenses) for the selected fund groups.
- The light teal circle is the projected ending balance for the year and includes system-generated encumbrances for the remainder of the fiscal year (beginning fund balance + new income - expenses - encumbrances).
- The grey shading shows the the encumbrances, which is the difference between the current and projected ending balance.
- The grey line is the prior year's final balance at June 30. Hover over the bar to see the value.
- Year-End amounts (e.g., Year-End Balances) reflect finalized amounts at the end of the Fiscal Year (June 30 of each year).
- Ending amounts (e.g., Ending Balances) reflect projected or estimated amounts expected at the end of the Fiscal Year (June 30 of each year), typically including encumbrances and/or Obligations (such as earmarks or commitments).
- Operational Balance reflects the operational inflows and outflows. This is technically the figure reported on Object Code 8100 in the institutional financial system and is also known as the "Provost View" due to it previously being used by the Provost for reviewing college balances.
- Fund Balance (otherwise known simply as "Balance") reflects total Inflows minus total Outflows.
- Inflows is an umbrella term to refer to incoming money across funds, often the sum of any Revenues and incremental Income, sometimes inclusive of the Fiscal Year's Beginning Fund Balance (otherwise known as Carryforward), depending on the financial picture being imparted
- Outflows is an umbrella term to refer to outgoing money across funds, often the sum of total expenses, sometimes inclusive of Encumbrances and earmarks, depending on the financial picture being imparted
- Encumbrances can be thought of as an amount of money officially reserved (marked in the system to payout on an agreed schedule) to pay for personnel, vendor contracts, external entities, or other items
- Fund Groups (otherwise known as Fund Types or simply "Funds") can be explored in Financial Services' guide on Account Types-Fund Descriptions.
- KFS Fund is a grouping of funds used in UAccess Financials (KFS)
- AP Fund is grouping of funds and sub-funds specific to ALVSCE Available Funds reporting.