Outstanding Staff in Research Award
This award recognizes a technical, clerical, farm or administrative staff member who has contributed significantly to the research mission of the Division of Agriculture, Life and Veterinary Sciences, and Cooperative Extension (ALVSCE). The award will be given annually along with a plaque and $1,000, presented at an ALVSCE event.
Who can be Nominated?
Any non-probationary ALSVCE staff member, irrespective of length of service. Recent recipients are ineligible for a period of five years.
Who can Nominate?
Nominations for the Outstanding Staff in Research Award may be made by any ALSVCE administrative head, faculty, or staff member.
Nominating packets must include a nomination letter from the initiator plus a maximum of three supporting letters in a single pdf file. Letters should highlight exceptional research contributions in one or more the following categories as applicable.
- achievements and contributions to research
- assistance to students, faculty or visitors to ALVSCE in support of research
- contribution towards the effectiveness and efficiency of ALVSCE research operations
- efforts in staff development and or diversity related to research
- participation in university activities or committees
Selection Procedure and Criteria
A committee comprised of at least two faculty and two appointed personnel members will review all nominations and select the winner based on the criteria above.
Nomination Submission and Deadline
Send nomination materials in a single pdf file to Zaida Zalbidea at email@example.com by close of business on March 1, 2022.