CALES Student and Enrollment Snapshots
View snapshots of student and enrollment counts over time by unit, plan, and career for all students with a CALES major, specialization, pre-major, certificate, or minor.
This dashboard is to be updated twice each semester, at fiscal year end, and every census date.
Last update to data: Spring Census 2024 (Academic Year 2024) updated 02/04/24
Three different ways to count students
- Primary Major Count (Default)
- Why is this used? This is the standard way of reporting Census counts even though is does indeed exclude a subset of CALES students (namely, those with secondary majors), used to determine the base student population for CALES.
- How to use it? This dashboard defaults to using Primary Major Counts, which excludes students who have secondary majors in CALES.
- Student Headcount
- Why is this used? This is used for determining the entire student population without counting them multiple times.
- How to use it? This dashboard can show secondary majors by setting the Primary Major filter to All. This shows all CALES students, but the dashboard using a "distinct," or unique, count on students. This means each student is counted once but may not show in the major/Plan that you expect since the software shows the students once, under the first Plan that appears in the report. This also means that totals do not add-up from the numbers displayed above them.
- Plan Count
- Why is this used? This is used for counting all students within their respective Plans, usually to determine the entire student population for CALES while being able to see totals for every Plan and Subplan combination.
- How to use it? This dashboard does not currently provide a Plan count. This is similar to Student Headcount but instead of the calculation counting each student once, it counts each student-and-plan once, meaning students can be counted multiple times, depending on how many Plans they have in CALES. This also means that totals do add-up from the numbers displayed above them.
Programs and Minors
Program mappings for minors are being developed.